Psalm 16:5-6

"The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup;
you hold
my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed I
have a
beautiful inheritance."


Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Our little girl turns 21!




Katie turned 21 on Saturday so we had a few families and several of Katies friends over on Monday to honor her for her special day. A highlight of the evening was when her "popie" (daddy) wrote her a surprise song and sang it while everyone was gathered to share some thoughts with her. He spent the afternoon up in our bedroom working on this song for her....it was so thoughtful! Of course I cried, I think Katie shed a few tears too. She did say it was the best birthday present ever! (we hope to try to post the song if we can figure out how add it to our blog). Several people took time to honor Katie with words of encouragement, which is always a special time for birthdays around here.
As I was reflecting back on the evening I was reminded of Gods kindness to our family. He has blessed Katie , and all of us, with such dear friends . We are so grateful for how God has filled our cup to overflowing with people who love, encourage, exhort and pray for us. Thank you all who have become such wonderful examples to our family as well as extrodinary friends - We love you all dearly!
The next post we hope to share the "group gift" purchase which I hope you'll enjoy. Thanks again for all you who helped to make Our Little Girl's Day Special!! Here are some more pictures of the evening spent together......





























































































































11 comments:

Kate Van said...

This was a fun night. Thanks for always opening up your cozy home . . . maybe next event we can do the fire pit. Love ya!
Jackie & Katy

Anonymous said...

Katy Jap, we'll have to have a fire soon with a sing a long or something. THanks for coming and making Katies day that much more special
A. Linda

Coleman Elizabeth said...

Aw I wish I could have been there!!! I love you dzuh dzuh and hope your day was so special! Thank you for your faithful friendship. Miss you all and see ya soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Coleman! I wish you could have been there...I miss and love you so much, and already can't wait til you get back!
Buttons!

Jane said...

Oh Linda,
Please send even word's to that song..
I don't have sound anyway.. Oh please send me what he wrote..
I love you Jane

Anonymous said...

looked like a fun night, kits! sorry i couldn't make it... love you and come on over any time now that the place is a little more put together! love ya, biz

Anonymous said...

Jane wer going to Care Group tonight for a family picnic. I hope I can talk him into singing it again so we can record it to put on You tube....but we'll see. But I will try to type you the words in an e-mail anyway. I love you too>
Lin

Billie said...

Happy Birthday Katie. Thanks for posting all the shots A. Lin. Looks like you guys had a great night. Wish I could have been there. love you

Anonymous said...

Man, what a cutie! Wish she was single! Hey Kade, when u gonna email me?? U 2 Franny? I dont want to give my email address here, TOO MANY GIRLS!!!! U know... they just flock to me! Haha! Love ya Kade!
KEkr

Lizzy said...

What a fun b-day! love you, Kittsle!!

Anonymous said...

HEY KATIE HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! YOU THE BIG 21!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND WISH YOU WELL IN EVERYTHING THAT YOU DO IN LIFE YOU ARE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL PERSON IN SIDE AND OUT!! I WAS AT CHURCH LAST SUNDAY AND MY PASTER WAS TALKING ABOUT OLD FRIENDS AND HOW YOU SOULD HOLD THEM CLOSE BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU MIGHT NEED THEM!! I STARTED TO THINK ABOUT YOU I REALLY MISS YOU!! I JUST WANTED TO SAY LOVE YOU AND MISS ALL OF YOU!!
CODY